Move over Fordson High School. It seems that Dearborn High is the new home of thieves. Last week cash and checks given to the parents for the Class of 2005 Senior Prom were stolen! I don't have the figure, but it wasn't chump change. When I inquired about the theft from some parents, I was told school officials believed it was not student thievery.
Please Dr. John Burl Artis don't tell me that school employees could be responsible.
The amount of money stolen from Dearborn High's Senior Prom was $1,900 in cash and $2,400 in checks. The money was deposited in the school safe and the theft was not discovered until one week later. Having worked with the Dearborn office staff for many years I will vouchsafe that the secretaries did not take the money. My guess is that we will find that some students were involved. In street language "sticky fingers".
I drove past Bailey's this afternoon (Friday) and noticed that they have tables and chairs out on Mason. There is a rail around them and the sidewalk is almost completely obstructed by this set-up. Who gave them permission to do this? What about the handicapped--there is absolutely no way a disabled person would be able to negotiate that area; any pedestrian traffic will have to risk life and limb walking in the street!
So I ask MAYOR GUIDO AND THE CITY COUNCIL, WHAT IS UP WITH THIS?
I see where the money that was "stolen" from Dearborn High's Prom receipts has mysteriously reappeared. Seems that it had been misplaced in the school's vault. Now if you believe that, you also believe that the Moon is made out of blue cheese. The only trouble with this story is that the money reappeared in a different box!
Now who is kidding whom?
Is Dearborn's Superintendent of Schools Dr. John Burl Artis covering up the report on the problems at Bryant Middle School?
This was an independent investigator's report paid for with tax payers' money, why isn't it being made public???
Now, if Dr. John Burl Artis says that there are private names used in the report, and because of privacy concerns the report cannot be made public, then I suggest he get a black marker, and cross out any private names and let everyone read the report.
Recently, the Dearborn Public Schools, under the leadership of Dr. John Burl Artis, spent over fifty million bucks building additions and upgrading the schools systems technology to "state of the art". Yet, a few weeks ago, vandals broke in to Dearborn High, poured used motor oil all over several walls and hallways and yet not one high tech motion sensors went off nor did the elaborate security TV cameras pick up the intruders.
In fact, the school had hired two extra security guides to work all night because it was getting close to graduation, when vandals like to do their dirty work. Where were the security guys? Sleeping?? The clean up cost were enormous and many classes were disrupted for the day.
Is Dr. John Burl Artis demanding that the firms that installed the equipment etc. pick up the cost???