OTHER RECENT NEWS
<< Previous Article: Media Count ?
>> Next Article: Transparency?
Although I find this video very entertaining, I just want to cry when I think how apathetic voters have become in this country.
We are all content to write songs, write congressmen, bitch and cry to our fellow workers and family members, but we do everything EXCEPT vote people out of office.
Every time we get an opportunity to send a message to lawmakers by voting a failing and corrupt politician out of office, we blow it. No one shows up to vote and the group that has the most dedicated or brainwashed voting base always seems to win. The incumbents seem to always get the office back and all we do is sit and watch videos like this, laugh, agree on the message and than move on to our pathetic little lives as though nothing has happened and as though we are powerless to do anything. By not voting, most people think they reserve the right to complain about the outcome.
Sure, it’s a funny video, but contemplation of how stupid and lazy the typical American voter is just wrecks the whole joke for me. I wish I could laugh at it, but its like seeing an ax murderer coming around with 13 million people between me and him and absolutely no one is doing anything but watching him chop people up. They just shake their head, maybe complain a little, than quietly move on and accept it hoping he won’t chop them up.
The American people lack the will and intellect to make change, and Obamma knows it. He is banking on it and so is congress. This health care bill will pass and we will bitch for a little while but once J-LO flashes a boob on TV or Hanna Montana’s semi-nude pictures show up somewhere, or a new IKEA store opens up, or some senator gets caught with a hooker, we will trail off like the mindless drooling drones we have become in this country. All they have to do is throw us a banana once and a while and we act like a bunch of performing chimps dancing to an organ grinder.
--by The circus on 1/11/10 Lives: Dearborn
It's just too bad that the "government option" didn't pass. I was looking forward to signing up for that! But, it is a great thing that they fixed health care anyway.
--by Oh Well on 1/11/10 Lives: Detroit area
President Obama just completed an ANTI-AMERICAN TRIFECTA:
· 1st president in 110 years to miss the annual Army-Navy Football Game.
· 1st president to not attend any Christmas religious observance..
· 1st president to stay on vacation after a terrorist attack.
--by Looking on 1/11/10 Lives: Detroit area
Miss the Army - Navy football game? You are really grasping at straws. Terrorist attack? It was a pathetic ATTEMPT at one. And "not attending a Christmas religious event"? It would be great is someday we could have a president that would finally not by into some fictional religous idealogy.
--by Perfect President on 1/12/10 Lives: Detroit area
1. Several presidents have chosen not to attend the Army-Navy game, or have attended only one or two during their terms of office. Those who never attended a game include FDR, LBJ, Nixon, Carter, Reagan and George HW Bush. http://www.gvsu.edu/hauenstein/index.cfm?id=A34B5ECF-E063-A4F3-B9B3CC70C4B62704
2. In 1972, Nixon was on vacation in Florida and didn't attend services at Christmas. In 1968, LBJ was sick and couldn't attend. Honestly, how could we possibly even know in our 235 year history whether every president attended religious services on Christmas? I've given you examples of two who didn't, I'm sure there were others.
3. In December 2001, when Richard Reid tried to set off a bomb on an airplane, Bush was on vacation at Camp David. He stayed there, didn't appear before the press for several days, and then left from Camp David for Texas and didn't return to the White House until mid January.
Listen, there are a dozen reasons not to like Obama. Let's not make stuff up. It just makes those of us who oppose his policies look stupid and desperate.
--by Reagan Dem on 1/12/10 Lives: USA
First, I share the pain of 'The Circus' in observing what Americans have become.
Second, I agree with 'Reagan Dem'. It isn't that Barry O. didn't return from vacation, but that his basic attitude about the enemy still needs adjustment. Considering how many times we heard from him while on 'vacation' we know he was hearing from his whole pipeline.
By the way...a 'pathetic' attempt at blowing apart an airplane? The next one will be better...
--by Dearborn Observer on 1/12/10 Lives: Dearborn
Hey Trifecta -
If those are your biggest complaints about Obama, he is doing a damn good job.
--by what a reach on 1/13/10 Lives: Detroit area